034Motorsport is pleased to present the Stainless Steel Subframe Locking Collar Upgrade Kit for the Volkswagen MkVII Golf/GTI/R! Designed to center the subframe using precision-engineered stainless steel insert bushings and large-diameter bolts, this kit eliminates clunks caused by the subframe shifting, and increases chassis rigidity for improved handling performance.
This kit addresses subframe clunk/pop/creak which presents itself when taking slow turns, entering driveways, coming to a stop, and starting from a standstill. These locking collars and new factory bolts are a permanent, affordable solution to address the fundamental issue with the factory subframe design.
The upper and lower collars in our kit are specifically machined to locate the subframe and bolts perfectly and ensure hassle-free installation. The supplied bolts feature factory-correct tips and thread engagement points to prevent thread stripping. Unlike other kits on the market that use softer alloys, our Volkswagen MkVII Golf/GTI/R Subframe Locking Collars are made from stainless steel to prevent deformation and ensure a lifetime of performance.
Installation is very straightforward and can be performed in approximately one hour. No permanent modification to the subframe is required, and this upgrade is completely reversible.
- CNC-Machined Stainless Steel Locking Collars
- Application-Specific Design for Both Upper & Lower Locking Collars
- Engineered to Properly Locate (Center) Factory Front Subframe & Eliminate Shifting/Clunks
- Includes New Factory Subframe Bolts
- Improves Chassis Rigidity & Handling Performance
- Addresses Volkswagen Subframe Knocking Noise Permanently!
- Will Not Cause Additional NVH Transfer Inside Cabin
- Easy, Straightforward Installation Takes Approximately 1 Hour!
- Volkswagen Golf MkVII 2015-Present
- Volkswagen GTI MkVII 2015-Present
- Volkswagen R MkVII 2015-Present