The 034Motorsport 390mmx34mm 2-Piece Floating Front Brake Rotor Upgrade Kit for the Gen 1 & 1.5 Audi R8 is a complete replacement brake rotor and caliper spacer, designed to work flawlessly with the factory front calipers found on the Gen 1 & 1.5 Audi R8.
By increasing the diameter of the front rotor, the factory caliper is able to provide greater braking force. This larger front rotor also has an increased cooling capacity over the factory-sized rotor.
Weighing in at approximately 23.9bs, each rotor reduces rotational weight by .6lbs on each corner over the factory 24.5lb rotors! While reducing weight, the rotor retains proper thermal mass in the rings to adequately capture, and dissipate heat
The central hat portion of the 034Motorsport rotor is made of 6061-T6 aircraft specification aluminum. The disc is constructed out of a proprietary metal alloy that can withstand immense braking temperatures while holding form. The rotor utilizes 72 directionally curved vanes to forcefully flow cool air through the rotor to dissipate heat.
The face of the rotor utilizes J-Slot slots to clean the pad and surface of contaminants and allows hot pad outgassing, all while reducing overall braking noise compared to a traditional slotted rotor.
The rotor and hat have a floating mount system that utilizes high-strength alloy steel bobbins. The pins take the load from braking actions while maintaining the axial and radial float between the hat and disc, allowing for safe expansion and contraction from heat.
- Larger, 390x34mm Rotor (OE is 365x34mm)
- Lightweight Construction (23.9lb 034Motorsport Rotor vs. 24.5lb OE Audi Rotor)
- Floating, 2-Piece Design
- Aerospace Grade Aluminum Hats
- CM-250 Special Alloy Rotor Rings
- J-slotted Friction Face
- OEM Fitment & Functionality
- 72 Curved Vanes Force Cooling Air through Brake Disc
- Floating Bobbins Mounting System
- Replaceable Rotor Rings
- Lower Long-term Maintenance Cost
- 034Motorsport 2-Piece Floating Front Rotor Pair
- Caliper Spacers
- Installation and Break-In Instruction Sheets
OE PART INTERCHANGE:
- -8T0 615 301