- Home /
- Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar, 8J/8P Audi TT/TTS/TTRS & A3/S3/RS3, MkV/MkVI Volkswagen R32 & Golf R
- Item Details
- Install Guide
- More Info
- We Also Recommend
- Reviews (2)
034Motorsport is proud to offer the ultimate rear sway bar upgrade for the Audi 8J/8P TT/TTS/TTRS & Audi A3/S3/RS3 and MkV/MkVI Volkswagen R32 & Golf R! The 034Motorsport Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar is made from high-quality spring steel for maximum rigidity, and is designed to combat understeer while reducing body roll under hard cornering.
This product was tested thoroughly on the street and track on both the 034Motorsport Audi TT RS 2.5 TFSI and Nate@034's Audi A3 before release. The 034Motorsport Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar substantially reduces understeer and body roll on the Audi 8J/8P and MkV/MkVI Volkswagen R32 & Golf R without compromising comfort on the street.
In addition, the 034Motorsport Rear Sway Bar is engineered to be used effectively with the stock front sway bar. No upgrade in the front is needed or required. The addition of a stiffer front bar introduces even more push, requiring an even bigger bar in the back. With the stock front sway bar and upgraded 034Motorsport Solid Rear Sway Bar, body roll is virtually eliminated while turn in and off throttle oversteer are greatly improved.
The sway bar rate is adjustable via the adjustment holes. The two holes closest to the MOI of the bar are the "stiff" (423% stiffer than stock) setting, and the two holes farther out are the "soft" (362% stiffer than stock) setting.
- Adjustable - 362% or 423% Increased Sway Bar Rate vs. Stock TT RS Rear Sway Bar
- 22.25mm Diameter
- Solid Spring Steel Construction
- 2-Hole Adjustable
- Easy to Lubricate Sway Bar Bushings - Zerk Fittings Included
- Designed to be used in conjunction with the stock front sway bar.
- 034Motorsport Adjustable Solid Rear Sway Bar
- Graphite-Impregnated Urethane Bushings
- Billet Aluminum Sway Bar Brackets with Lubrication Ports
- Sway Bar Retaining Clips
- 2010 - 2013 Audi TT RS 2.5 TFSI (8J)
- 2011 - 2013 Audi RS3 2.5 TFSI (8P)
- 2006 - 2013 Audi TT/TTS Quattro (8J)
- 2006 - 2013 Audi A3/S3 Quattro (8P)
- 2008 Volkswagen R32 (MkV)
- 2012 Volkswagen Golf R (MkVI)
- This fits 4-Motion AWD & Quattro AWD vehicles only.
Customers who bought this item also bought
Sway Bar End Links, Motorsport, Rear, Adjustable, 8P & 8J Audi TT/A3, MkV & MkVI Volkswagen Jetta GTI R32 Rabbit$165.00
034Motorsport Billet Dogbone Mount, MkV/MkVI Volkswagen Golf/Jetta/GTI/GLI/Rabbit & 8J/8P Audi TT/A3/S3 2.0T FSI, 2.0 TSI, TDI, 2.5L, 3.2L VR6 24V$189.00
034Motorsport Stainless Steel Subframe Locking Collar Upgrade Kit, MkV/MkVI Volkswagen Golf/Jetta/GTI/GLI & 8P Audi A3$195.00
Customer Reviews 2 item(s)
- Not a significant change for the MKV R32
- I've been sitting on this upgrade for a while and finally got around to installing it. After a few hundred miles i can't feel a huge difference over stock. Granted i have several other suspension mods done to the car so maybe i've gone passed the level this was intended to produce. One thing i believe is the issue is this bar size is not much different than the stock R32 bar. The oem bar is a 21.5mm bar while this is only slightly larger. It may be that 034 designed this as an upgrade for the Audi tt as that model has a smaller OEM bar which i didn't know until after buying this.
I first had the adjustable endlinks and trailing arm insert installed with the stock bar and found that some of the wobbling over uneven cracks was much more rigid, but the yaw and lean felt much the same. With this bar installed now i still feel that the yaw and lean is much the same on the softer setting, but on the Stiffer setting i actually feel a bit more lean on the Front end now. The steering sensitivity feels a little slower, yet smoother, but less overall accuracy.
Only noticeable effect i feel is that the car squats very evenly under power on the straights and on corner exit. It is not what i thought the upgrade would do but if this was its intended purpose then i guess there is some benefit. But much to my disappointment the car still enters the corner with the same characteristics as before which is what i was hoping was the fix with this. I have much more tuning to do so this review may not be a fair representation of what this can offer.
Last thing i'll say is the build quality for all the products i've received from 034 is always spot on. This bar and endlinks is no exception. There was no issues with fitment and everything lined up as standard.
- Good, but be aware if you have an aftermarket exhaust
- Quality of build is excellent, especially the mounts which are second to none; it's a shame to hide them away under the car! I had some issues with fitment on my Audi TTS (Milltek 2.75" resonated exhaust) as the bends do not match up with the ones on the OEM sway bar. Ended up with me having to fork out extra to get a custom link pipe fabricated... However, it was worth the effort as the handling is transformed, the car feeling much more seated and balanced. Just as good as a F&R sway bar upgrade from other manufacturers and at less cost.