Custom Forged JE Piston Sets for the 2.7T are now available at 034Motorsport! These pistons are manufactured using JE's 2618 alloy, which is much stronger than the 4032 alloy used in other aftermarket pistons. These custom piston sets are built-to-order, and are available with a myriad of options that you can select below.
- JE Forged 2.7T Pistons (Set of 6)
- JE Piston Rings (Set of 6)
- JE 21mm Wrist Pins (Set of 6)
- Wire Locks (Set of 12)
Bore - These pistons are available in 81mm, 81.5mm, 82mm, 82.5mm, 83mm, and 83.5mm bores. We typically recommend an 82.5mm or 83mm bore for increased displacement with plently of cylinder wall thickness left. Using a larger than stock (81mm bore) piston will require additional machinework to the block.
Stroke - These pistons are available for three different stroke crankshafts.
- 86.4mm - For use with the stock 2.7T or 2.8L 30V crankshaft.
- 92.8mm - For use with 3.0L 30V crankshaft.
Compression Ratio - These pistons are available from 8.0:1 to 10.0:1 compression ratios. Lower compression allows for increased boost and timing, but will feel sluggish out of boost. We typically recommend 9.0:1 comprssion ratio for street-driven turbocharged vehicles, and anything higher than 9.5:1 for naturally aspirated engines only.
- Mild Steel - The mild steel wrist pins are recommended for engines making up to 500HP.
- Tool Steel - JE Thick-Wall Tool Steel wrist pins are recommended for engines making over 500HP.
Thermal Barrier Crown - The thermal barrier crown coating is applied to the top of the piston and is designed to reflect heat into the combustion chamber, thereby increasing exhaust gas velocity and greatly improving scavenging potential. The .0015" thick coating can also assist in extending piston life by decreasing the rate of thermal transfer.
- Additional Information
SKU 566 Manufacturer JE Pistons